Bristlenose Plecos Spawned

Wingin' It

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wigglers are soooo hard to get a shot of...Dad is super protective over them...which I guess is a really good thing. I woke up this morning to two other fish having given birth, just to watch my shell dwellers completely devour them...ooops. Out of the tank they go...hahaha.

anywho, here's a pic...it really sucks, but hey, you can definately see dad...lol

002-1-1.jpg

Congrats!

I just cleaned out my cannister tonight and got quite the nice surprise. I found 16 baby plecos inside! I didn't even know my plecos were breeding :P They are already about 1cm so I have no idea when they were born. They are so cute though!!! :wub: I can only imagine how cute a whole tank full would be.

Yeah, I've been having issues with my cannister and I took it apart yesterday and this morning, no babies. Then I went tonight to try and fix it again. I open it up and see 7 babies on the top basket. So I tear apart the filter and there was 16 babies total! The intake tube screen had fallen off so I guess they felt the need to explore the tube while it was open.

Definitely a nice surprise. So then I spent the next 30mins starring at my planted tank trying to spot anymore babies :blush:

Normal and albino parents will ALWAYS yeild normal kids; however, they all carry the albino gene. So, if you were to breed them to each other, half of their kids would be albino.

I am looking for one or two of these guys....hmm will you be selling any (Edmonton) when they are grown enough? Do you know how long it would be until they were ready? If you're planning to sell.rolleyes.gif

I will definately be selling some when they are ready to go as I do not need 50ish of them...haha...as much as I would love to keep all of them!

I'm not sure how fast they grow initially...i've never spawned bristlenose before, only kept them. I'll be posting them on AA when they are ready though ;)

Val,

If you want to get rid of some, let me know.

Thanks,

Leon

Congrats!

I just cleaned out my cannister tonight and got quite the nice surprise. I found 16 baby plecos inside! I didn't even know my plecos were breeding :P They are already about 1cm so I have no idea when they were born. They are so cute though!!! :wub: I can only imagine how cute a whole tank full would be.

Val,

If you want to get rid of some, let me know.

Thanks,

Leon

Congrats!

DITTO!rolleyes.gif