Made An Interesting Discovery

jvision

So about 2 weeks ago, I drained a 75 gal that I'm turning into a sump - well, I didn't drain it completely... I had about 1/4" water w. some detritus left in there. Today, I decided it was time to start putting this thing together, so I tipped the tank so I could siphon out the rest of the water, and I see something small swim into the muck. At first I thought it was a shrimp - those things found their way everywhere around my fishroom! But, it didn't swim like a shrimp, it looked like a Cory!

When I moved 6 weeks ago, I planted my main tank, then tossed whatever was left over into this tank and another. There must have been some Panda Cory eggs on the plants that hatched out, and this little guy somehow managed to survive with almost no water, no heat, and no circulation for over 2 weeks!! He's about 1/2" right now and is in a tank w. my breeding BNs and a trio of Apisto agasizii.

I was amazed when I found a fry in my filter, but this is much more amazing! Hope the little guy grows up strong and healthy! :D

What a great story I think his name might just be a little too obvious but i`m currently watching Survivor so umm maybe Vivor for a different suggestion. Thanks for something cherrful to brighten our days. It goes to show that fish can be tougher than you might ever imagine.

Have a wonderful day

L