Doing Some Work In The Fish Room

jeremoose

Looking good so far, and that's a nice piece of driftwood! I was really lucky and actually found a piece of drifwood at AC that I liked...so much for not spending much there lol How are the val's doing? I hope I was right about how many I gave you. Look forward to seeing it after it's cleared up more and rearranged the way you want it :)

Hah! I seem to spend money in every store with aquarium accessories without fail too, don't feel bad. The Val's seem to be doing alright, although it's tough to tell through the hazy water. I just added some more water clearing stuff (I made that sound SO low-tech) and I'm hoping tonight I can provide a clean and clear tank shot for everyone.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini update!

20120207173826.jpg

Clearing up nicely, might be putting the fish back in tonight! Pics to follow. Also, we will be ordering a second LED light to sit next to this one. It will be moved to our next project (15g Iwagumi)... Once we find the 15g.

EDIT: I'm embarrassed about how bad that HOB filter looks.

Edited by jeremoose

meh i run 2 HOB on most of my tanks,you would think my fishroom is a real eye sore lol.

LOOKS GOOD(i can see it now lol)

You should see my other tanks, I won't even post up pictures! But yeah, we just planted a bit of the Dwarf Chain Sword to provide a carpet (hopefully) and later tonight I'd like to get some fish in there to look at.

I see all these posts of people starting up tanks and getting INSANE growth in like 4-5 days, I sure hope I have SOME growth in like a week.. This time, all the conditions should be perfect for plants so I have my fingers crossed.

Mini update!

20120207173826.jpg

Clearing up nicely, might be putting the fish back in tonight! Pics to follow. Also, we will be ordering a second LED light to sit next to this one. It will be moved to our next project (15g Iwagumi)... Once we find the 15g.

Where did u get the wood?

After a few days with the plants in the tank I'm becoming increasingly worried that the lighting is inadequate. I see people post online journals where after 4 days or so they have this incredible growth, I'm not even seeing greening. If this continues I will have to pick up a T5ho unit here in town for an astronomical price. I refuse to fail on this planted tank!

no man i wouldent worry

alot of those pictures you see,have C02 pumped in and lots of fertilizers added.

thats why they turn into a forest after a week......if you not running co2 plant growth can be very slow.

unless your plants are dying or turning yellow then i wouldent worry to much

Edited by Sprucegruve

no man i wouldent worry

alot of those pictures you see,have C02 pumped in and lots of fertilizers added.

thats why they turn into a forest after a week......if you not running co2 plant growth can be very slow.

Well that's a bit of a relief. I am just running DIY co2 and am dosing Flourish, so I guess can't expect it to be as fast as those guys. I just thought that going with the special plant substrate as well as the brand new lighting, root tabs, dosing Flourish, DIY co2 etc, that I would get some really crazy growth.

Edited by jeremoose

no man i wouldent worry

Well that's a bit of a relief. I am just running DIY co2 and am dosing Flourish, so I guess can't expect it to be as fast as those guys. I just thought that going with the special plant substrate as well as the brand new lighting, root tabs, dosing Flourish, DIY co2 etc, that I would get some really crazy growth.

It's definitely helping, but having pressurized CO2 and full fertilization is what gives some people instant forests.

I felt the same way when I was converting to canister. I could visualize the end result and wanted the HOB out soonest. The more I looked, the more I hated it; it was always in the way and moving it was like "tax pain" (if you seen the commercial).

What you've done so far looks really good! That piece of driftwood is a nice touch!

no man i wouldent worry

It's definitely helping, but having pressurized CO2 and full fertilization is what gives some people instant forests.

I badly want one of those "instant" forests. My wife and I are ready to spend the money to make this tank as nice as it can be so I guess we are going to make a few more purchases.. Updates soon!