Doing Some Work In The Fish Room

jeremoose

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about plumbing my 2213 with pvc. I'm sure there's folks out there that do it, but I appreciate having some linear slack to pull my quick couplers apart. And I prefer not to side load hard pipe.

Leaving hose on the canister side of my couplers would provide a little bit of play, but I opted against it. I use a plugged siphon tube on the discharge end (drilled to form a vertical spay bar). And I twist the tube left to right to alter current strength. Not practical for me.

Nice fixture!

What's the plant in the bottom left? a crypt?

I thought about plumbing my 2213 with pvc. I'm sure there's folks out there that do it, but I appreciate having some linear slack to pull my quick couplers apart. And I prefer not to side load hard pipe.

Leaving hose on the canister side of my couplers would provide a little bit of play, but I opted against it. I use a plugged siphon tube on the discharge end (drilled to form a vertical spay bar). And I twist the tube left to right to alter current strength. Not practical for me.

Nice fixture!

What's the plant in the bottom left? a crypt?

Thanks! And yes, it is.

I was just staring into the tank and I have to say that I'm really excited at the possibility of a 'carpet' for the bottom of the tank. I see several new shoots and sprouts in just the first 24 hours with the new light on so I'm expecting big things in the days to come. I will try my best to update daily, and I'm going to add small pieces of tape to the glass to show where the shoots currently are so I can track the growth progress.

Keep your bills for the bulbs and keep trac of how often they burn out they should last a year mininum,if they dont there getting to hot and burning out premature which is common with t5s in aquarium lights but not regular flourescent lites.

Okay cool, I definitely don't want to have to be buying too many bulbs!

it is very similar to cabomba but i would have to say it is not.

sorry im not much help

Okay thanks for the help anyways.

Looks closer to hornwort. It won't form real roots as it usually floats around. Push it into the sand a ways and see how that works.

Yeah, I've been trying that, jamming it RIGHT down to the bottom. It has stayed for about 24 hours now so I'm hoping I have 'em in there good enough.