Your Auction Haul!

I didn't get much this time as I'm downsizing my tanks so I mostly sold stuff(jamesbarr-those were my rummynose :) ). But I couldn't resist and ended up getting a pair of red velvet swords. I wish they were red eyed red swords tho, my quest for them continues! I also wanted those Caudopunctatus but didn't have anywhere to put them right now. Whoever bought those, if you get babies let me know :)

I had a good time but wasn't feeling well and had to leave halfway through. I wish I could have stayed as I wanted that pencil drawing of the angelfish. I really like how this time there was some art included, pretty nice stuff too.

I do agree we need T shirts or at least name tags to identify ourselves better. I was the tall girl at the beginning being a runner. At least I'm easy to pick out of a crowd, lol.

You were supposed to bring those rummies for me but i saw them on the table and knew you jewed me..... don't make sales and not keep them. I believe you should get a temp ban for that mod or not!!!

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=21866

I didn't get much this time as I'm downsizing my tanks so I mostly sold stuff(jamesbarr-those were my rummynose :) ). But I couldn't resist and ended up getting a pair of red velvet swords. I wish they were red eyed red swords tho, my quest for them continues! I also wanted those Caudopunctatus but didn't have anywhere to put them right now. Whoever bought those, if you get babies let me know :)

I had a good time but wasn't feeling well and had to leave halfway through. I wish I could have stayed as I wanted that pencil drawing of the angelfish. I really like how this time there was some art included, pretty nice stuff too.

I do agree we need T shirts or at least name tags to identify ourselves better. I was the tall girl at the beginning being a runner. At least I'm easy to pick out of a crowd, lol.

You were supposed to bring those rummies for me but i saw them on the table and knew you jewed me..... don't make sales and not keep them. I believe you should get a temp ban for that mod or not!!!

Well lets not call people out for your own mistakes. It would have helped if you'd replied to my PM with an answer. Since you didn't give me a "yes, I'll meet you at the auction", or basically any response after tuesday when you asked what the auction was, the fish went to the auction. Sorry, thats not breaking the rules, thats the result of your own inability to setup a pickup time. I had no problem meeting up with the others that arranged pickup times there.

PS: this is your warning to not bring private things between members onto the board or unacceptable language. Use the PM system if there is an issue with a member.

I picked up one of the ZooMed donation grab bags and one of those air powered HOB filters. Oh yea, my ticket got drawn for that gorgeous Brian Walsh carving. Wohoo!!! :thumbs:

So what's your address again?

I picked up one of the ZooMed donation grab bags and one of those air powered HOB filters. Oh yea, my ticket got drawn for that gorgeous Brian Walsh carving. Wohoo!!! :thumbs:

Nice try! Like my avatar says, Edmonton & area. You can start there. :P

My fish survived the trip home, but this evening I am sad to say lost one of my C-120 cories(am crossing my fingers that it was one of the males and not the female I need). Looked perfectly healthy other then being dead. Maybe stress-the mystery of fish deaths remains. Did a water change.

Syno321 what temp do they like? My water seemed a little warmer than normal so maybe that was it?

If you ever decide you want to sell that carving... *COUGH* Let me know.

Have no fear, I put a gps locator in that carving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have no fear, I put a gps locator in that carving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So that's where you disappeared to during the auction ...

Just for my ignorance on this topic:

So what is the predominant fish sold at the auction? Cory's, tetras, Plecos, Cichlids? How many fish to a bag is considered standard?

I am looking to donate a few fish next time so please let me know. I don't want the money just donate some large bleeding hearts (2-2.25"), cory's (Pandas, Julis, Emerald, Bondi, etc., cardinals, rummy's and Hemiodus (Red Tails) and some smaller plecos. Where does this donor revenue go?

Just some questions and I would even think of putting a really high quality fancy pleco in there. Let me know when the next one is.

I see you're from Calgary, so I assume you'd be donating at the Calgary Auction...which is scheduled for October 6, 2013.

If your fish are large...choose an appropriate sized bag, 2/3 air, 1/3 water/fish.

One species per bag would be best. ;)

To donate, you have one of two options. You can label the bag 999 - Donation to Club, or 998 - Donation to Club Library. Auction starts at 11am sharp so donations/lot entries should be received by 10:30am.

Edited by Wingin' It