Ace Auction Countdown

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the biggest auction hauls for me in a long time as there was some really good deals. New residents are some rice fish (8 for 6 dollars!!!), albino bns juvies, and 2 bags of kribs(to do battle in my semi aggressive tank with the goodeids) and little filter missing a lid for one dollar. There was some great deals on lights and I tried for those. Had a great time and am glad that all my duckweed is now in Edmonton -ham- -ham-

I was the auction crazy lady in orange. :shifty: :w00t: I had no will power today. Came away with lots of plants, just about all the books, lots of tanks and misc. Some bronze cories, black moscow guppies, mix bag of fish, the nice ember tetras and a lone yellow lab cichlid (who doesn't really have a home, but I felt sorry for him and grabbed him for a dollar.) Had good driving conditions home to Grande Prairie, only had very little snow flurries, but am glad I am home after the 4 hr drive. Thanks again to all the runners and ACE for the great auction. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Now off to put the new fishies to bed. LOL

I got a few plants a T5 48" light and a 24 inch T8 light a geo "bike creek" (I always end up with at least one of kens fish lol) some goodieds small blue regal peacocks a bunch of bristlenose plecos some white cloud minnows a bag of super cheap raindows) spent about 150$ great auction and I am sure both buyer and seller were decently happy with some of the prices I saw some items go high (cories plecos) and some went really low (rainbows, cichlids) I thought plants did fairly well compared to some auctions around 8$ or more some auctions you can really come home with full tanks thanks to all the ACE members for putting on another great day

First time at the auction, it was neat but am a little disappointed to be honest. I thought I would see more "show" peacocks but it was mostly juvies and breeding groups. That and the brand new lcd temperature probe I picked up doesnt work lol. Oh well maybe next time there will be a better selection of male peacocks. I mean they were nice but breeding isnt really for me :-P

I am sorry to hear about the thermometer. Any equipment put into the auction is supposed to be in working order. If it isn't working, it is supposed to be labeled as such. As far as the lack of adult peacocks, they don't seem to show up very often at our auctions. When they do they are generally in excellent condition and do go for a good price.

Edited by syno321