Intro from Jason

jvision

I was refered to this site about a year ago, but lost the bookmark in the other computer! It's great to find it again, and look forward to joining the community.

I've been in the hobby for about a dozen years, and have had as many as 9 different tanks on the go at one time. I used to be big into breeding... bettas, apistos, guppies. But, I've forgotten most of what I knew back then.

I'm starting to get interested in the breeding aspect again, but for now I'll just go with what I have:

55 gal Planted tank w. SA fish (plus 2 SAE, and 3 Amano shrimp). It's a simple setup with a small CO2 cylender and a HOT Tetra filter. I add ferts daily, but it's taking a bit for the plants to get going - I just moved and got everything set up about 4 weeks ago.

29 gal Planted African. Well, it will be an African tank. Right now, I just have an over abundance of Java Fern and Anubias, as well as a growing population of pond snails. Filters are HOT w. a few houseplants (peace lily, ivy of some sort) growing in it and a Fluval 103 with foam inserts only. I am debating whether or not to add some GAC, but I think all the plants should take care of the chemical filtration, as well as bio.

I've never really kept Africans. Wanting to stick w. something smallish - would really like something yellow and something blue. But, I was also thinking a Julie sp. and shell dwellers.

I'll post pics of the tanks soon.

I've got a pair of Bolivian Rams that have paired off in the 55 - have 3 males, if anyone's interested in a trade (I'm in Edmonton). Will most likely be setting up a 15 gal for the pair to breed and raise the young.

Great! I guess that means I'm actually getting into this hobby again!!!

Great to be back!

:welcome:

Where are you?

I live on Edmonton's South side.... unfortunately, I won't be able to make the ACE Auction this weekend. My sister is getting married - that kinda takes precidence over the fish show. :blush: