So how was the auction for those who went?

It was my first auction ever, nevermind being a fish one. I enjoyed myself, I learned a lot. Lol like next year I'll be unloading some of the stuff I don't use anymore, and I'll be sure to bring plants and rocks to sell. Anyways today I was just buying, and talking to people. I'm moved here pretty recently and everyone I've met at school gives me funny looks when I start getting enthusiastic about my fish. So it was nice to talk to people who are also fish crazy. Anyways, I bought some Rotala roundfolio, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Java fern, Java Moss and a very nice Bolbtis heudelotii. I also went for a few killis and bristlenose plecos, but they went higher than I was willing to pay. Oh yes and a fish breeder so I can keep my feeders in the same tank as my leaf fish without 15 feeders disappearing in 4 days. Lol and a funny story, we weren't really paying attention and a book was being auctioned, and my boyfriend could make out "tropical" in the title, and saw pictures of plants on the cover, so he said, oh, a plant book. So I bid on it and it's just a beginner tropical fish book. Lol, lesson today; don't bid on something unless you know what it is. Anyways, how was it for everyone else?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't bad, stopped by at the start, didn't see too much that grabbed my attention so i left. Thats probably because Im strictly salt these days and a cracked protein skimmer isn't really what i need. I was tempted to stick around for that azoo light... anyone remember how much that went for??

Been to better tho

Nice location tho, i didn't mind it

It was fun! We bought some beautiful Bettas, Electric yellows, Bristlenose plecos, some Corydoras Barbatus, did I mention bettas? OOOh and a Pidgeon Blood adult Discus for $30.00! LOL! Some decorations and a few odds and ends.

Met some people (nice to meet y'all) and saw a few we met before...Had an all around great time. Can't wait til the next one...note to self...bring more money! -roll-

We brought in some Tetras and Guppies...couldn't believe what they went for! Was very pleased!

Tammy & Dave :bow:

I dropped by around noon for a few minutes. Didn't see much that caught my eye other than some tricolour cyps and wild caught whatchamacalits.....lol.....did catch Harold buying a MICKEY MOUSE DECORATION FOR HIS COLLECTION OF COLLLECTABLES AND CLEARLY RARE AQUARIUM ARTIFACTS!!! -roll- -roll- -roll-

I should have personally congratulated him on his find. Clearly he is trying to replace the cave which went North last time I hear!! HAROLD is Mickey Mouse going to find his way in with the Demansoni's ??????

Rumour has it there was a mouse sighting at Lake Malawi although they said it was a bit foggy. Kyle(African Fever) will vouch for that.

First time I have gone and quite enjoyed it. Picked up some Albino Bristle Nose, and a couple KilliFish. I was also a witness to Harolds new treasure :thumbs: . Most expensive was I believe a Pleco(not sure what type) for close to a hundred bucks. Hats off to Toirtis for standing up there for so long. Good job. :thumbs:

The auction was long!!! I left at 5:15pm

I would like to say thank you to all who worked hard all day long... good job

Also I got saltwater stuff- hammer frag, nassa snails,zoas( still acclimating not sure of color)

Fresh- awesome cyps,anubias,

man where the chairs killing me..hahaha not use to sitting for 6hours!

Had a blast, watched as hoss got some castle, slide, mickymouse thing!!!

So much FUN.

tammy/dave lets see some pictures... tammy how r your ribs???? sore

Edited by finaddict

I wanted the "super turquoise *something* crowntail "pair, the butterfly pleco, the glass top, the hongsloi and the silver saums. so I got about half of what I wanted which is good, but soon I will have it all :ph43r:

good job tortis, even lax champ couldnt babble that long ;)

that expensive pleco was a striped royal, I also had my eye on it.

Edited by cichlidkid

The stuff I got still doesn't make up for the stuff Dave and Tammy stole, yes stole away from me, just because they bid more money for them. I have one thing though, the elusive pink brick, they managed to snag the other brick from Holly, but it still doesn't compare to the PINK. Serious though, once again our thanks to Christian for pulling off another auction, I'm happy none of my fish died on "the table," so to speak, I don't know if I will ever bring adult fish to auction again, they seem to stress out and die much easier than the juveys. A rough ride for all the fish we love so much, hopefully their new homes, are happy homes. :)

it was really nice to put names to faces.. it was all a ton of fun ,won an awesome filter( door prize)bought a couple jd, cory,pleco,platy ....my wife says everyone is great and thx for the help cya :thumbs:

A vampire (I think just one) pleco sold for about $110. The girl who bought had bought the butterfly pleco and I had never seen one so I went and talked to her and asked if I could see it. She said she was big into plecos, especially rare ones from Africa, so when other plecos went up for bid I watched her to see what she took. Lol she cashed out with her $55 butterfly and the vampire. Costly those plecos are.

Thanks to Froggie for bringing in some sweet killi's! I was able to pick up my top pick of the auction prior to being called away at 3.30... :)

I agree with everyone great job as always Christian and everyone one else for putting on a good show...

Moose

Edited by webmoose

First and foremost...I would like to give a special shout out to Christian for not only doing a GREAT job auctioneering but holding my drivers license for me because like a moron I forgot to get it back. Also all the people who set up, the clerical work, those who did the running and the consession.

I got

WONDERFUL killies, orange australe pair (who ever auctioned those...they are very happy here and do you have more? LOL! )(would have loved more but way out of my league $$$ wise)(Canadbis got some killi eggs so maybe one day I can mooch some off him)LMAO!

SW snails, the have made it too the sand in my tank LOL! Thanks to whoever brought those.

Orange swordtails (3 in a bag)(I believe them to be all females, whoever bought the bag with the 4 inch male in it ...WILL YOU RENT HIM OUT for stud fees LOL!) Would have loved more of those to, so to the person who brought them, please PM me and thank you.

Purple mushrooms, thank you for those also.

Purple coral frag, really cool and thank you. Was nice to see some SW items there.

2 power heads, thanks for those also ...

I had a blast. Would have loved to stay for the tube corals (who got those?). I have never seen so many bettas in one place at one time. LOL! Cannot wait for November!