New 125 Gallon - Majestic Style!

RD.

Just thought I would share some pics of my most recent set up. 125 gallon all-glass tank housed in a custom made oak stand by Majestic Aquariums. It seems like I've been planning this tank in my head for the past year, and everything came together better than I had anticipated. The stand also turned out to greatly exceed my expectations, with Rob's detail to the 'fine details' being nothing short of amazing. Each piece of oak was hand picked to flow with the overall design, with attention to things such as ensuring that the grain flowed from one board, to the next, as it turned the corner on to each side. Not something that one sees too often in today's staple & veneer aquarium stands. I suspect that this stand could hold two 125 gallon tanks if push came to shove. Thanks again Rob, it took a wee bit longer than I expected, but was well worth the wait. :bow:

The tank features 3 species; Cyrtocara moorii , Protomelas. sp. "steveni taiwan" Taiwan Reef, and Labidochromis caeruleus Lion's Cove. The rocks are large, smooth, granite boulders, just like the granite boulders found in Lake Malawi. The rock pile on the right has numerous caves running through it, big caves, as well as some smaller ones, and most of them have an entrance as well as an exit, so the Mbuna are quite content, as are the female Haps.

Although these species would most likely never be seen together in the wild, I did my best at creating a somewhat natural biotope that would satisfy the needs of each group of fish.

The stand getting ready for transportation to its new home.

tank125s.JPG

... and full of water

tank125i.JPG

tank125gg.JPG

tank125hhh.jpg

group shot of fish

fish2.JPG

male moorii juvie (one of Dwayne's offspring)

fish4.JPG

dominant male F1 yellow lab (one of Kyle's offspring)

fish5.JPG

male Taiwan Reef (one of Ryan's offspring)

fish6.JPG

Edited by RD.

Hey, thanks for the kind words Neil, of course I appreciate it, and for all you others as well. Neil waited WAY too long..sorry bout that!

ANd..Keep up the smart @$$ comments Kim, you just may get bumped to the back of the line.. -roll- I know my pics sucked..but if you want really good pics, just shout..they seemed to be a hit in Texas :thumbs:

Edited by Majestic_Aquariums