archer fish footage

skinless

They used to be available at PJs on a regular basis. I haven't been in a PJs in quite some time, so I'm not sure if they're still around. They need a pretty big tank, as they can get 6-8" and are schooling fish. Also, best to have at least 1/4 empty so they can spit.

They used to be available at PJs on a regular basis. I haven't been in a PJs in quite some time, so I'm not sure if they're still around. They need a pretty big tank, as they can get 6-8" and are schooling fish. Also, best to have at least 1/4 empty so they can spit.

yeah, used to see em all the time at pjs too. big als sometimes will carry them.

a couple of types are sold i believe, at varying sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

That is awesome! What's has me puzzled though is the very bright blue fish with the yellow fins, I sure looks like a purple tang!

When I worked for BigGayAls in BC, I set up a 135 archer tank the tank was half full of water and I siliconed pieces of grape vine to the top lip of the tank, criss crossing the vine into a web. We'd put crickets on the vine and the archers would fire away. Later this tank worked great for baby arowanas and butterfly fish and their little acrobatics.