Daily Aquarium Photos

Slough Shark

That bad boy's going in your Vic tank? Pretty sweet looking fish. I love the adaptations that some of the Rift lake Cichlids have, like the compressed bodies of the fry hunters (Calvus, Compressiseps etc.) it's really neat.

BTW nice pic!

Yes they are going in the 90 gallon as soon as it's cycled. I got 8 of these guys in sizes between about 1.75"-3".

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New juvie pike cichlid...I think its a C. sveni. Any ideas?:

Hard to say but I think it is something else.

http://www.geocities.com/napavalley/5491/svenipage.html

My photography skills suck, but here goes. Tank will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. 24 gal nanocube dx with 72 50/50 pc lights. Used live rock that I'm very happy with. I've re aquascaped the tank several times. Still not that happy with it but I think the hitcher corals will like this new arrangment best and will be left alone for a while. CUC added on Friday night. Nassarius snails, left handed hermits, 3 peppermint shrimp. I have a couple aiptasia that they need to deal with, they haven't yet but I think they are still stressed from the shipping and acclimation. The leathers or kenya trees at the front closed up just before I took the pic not sure why, must be bedtime, they are doing well and have split off numerous new ones. Someday they'll be a problem but for now I like them. The best part about this tank is something new shows up everyday, almost always good things as a bonus. Sorry about the streaky glass it looks clean with the naked eye.

Edited by bosshog

My 10gal a month after the last pic:

1581543481_e52513ff9c.jpg

Some brown algae growing, but at least the otos (which you can't see) are getting fat.