500 gallon ( the build with lots of pictures )

rED O

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Master of Puppets

dUSTin I'm bringing a light to your house so you can take some decent pics and everyone can get a better idea of how cool it looks

Tank looks good. Its a bit bright, with the blue ,but to each his own. I hope you have plans ,in the works, to hide some of the cords and heaters etc. I haven't followed the whole thread so perhaps it was mentioned somewhere in the first 8 pages. Good job.

I know the sheer strength on a 1/2" bolt is incredibly high but what is the thread support weight? It seems like a lot of weight to be supported by just the threads of a bolt but it obviously does the trick. Just curious how you figured out how it would take the weight.

Tank looks good. Its a bit bright, with the blue ,but to each his own. I hope you have plans ,in the works, to hide some of the cords and heaters etc. I haven't followed the whole thread so perhaps it was mentioned somewhere in the first 8 pages. Good job.

I know the sheer strength on a 1/2" bolt is incredibly high but what is the thread support weight? It seems like a lot of weight to be supported by just the threads of a bolt but it obviously does the trick. Just curious how you figured out how it would take the weight.

it was ether bright blue or grey.

and the bolts again, ohhh boy -roll-

I forgot who the :wacko: I argued with was, but he has no idea how strong the bolts are :bang1: -roll-

If you like you can read this

http://www.nutsandbolts.com/grade-8-bolts.html

also, whoever it was ( i think RD) please do more research on grade 8 bolts ;)

Do you have any new pics?

nothing has changed

I am setting up the sump when I get home and the heaters will go in the sump and the canisters will be gone. I will post a picture then.

it was ether bright blue or grey.

and the bolts again, ohhh boy -roll-

I forgot who the :wacko: I argued with was, but he has no idea how strong the bolts are :bang1: -roll-

If you like you can read this

http://www.nutsandbolts.com/grade-8-bolts.html

also, whoever it was ( i think RD) please do more research on grade 8 bolts ;)

I was looking for the specs on the bolts as I would like to incorperate this idea into a future project but I didn't find the specs for load bearing strength in the link . It just tells you how much better Gr 8 bolts are than normal bolts and what they are made of. I just want to see what the thread tension strength is so I know how many to add to my project stand.

I was looking for the specs on the bolts as I would like to incorperate this idea into a future project but I didn't find the specs for load bearing strength in the link . It just tells you how much better Gr 8 bolts are than normal bolts and what they are made of. I just want to see what the thread tension strength is so I know how many to add to my project stand.

http://dodgeram.org/tech/specs/bolts/SAE_bolt_strength.html

• 2 weeks later...

Excellant job and a terrific idea using plastic decking for the lid.

Where did you buy the Polyurea lining and how expensive is it?

What thickness is the glass?

Thanks