Moving a 375 gallon aquarium question

Scuba_Guy

Hello All,

I am getting a new tank from a friend and I need to know if anyone knows a moving company/ANYBODY :unsure: that moves large aquariums?

I live in the Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) region.

The tank dimensions are 8' in length, by 32" high by 32" deep.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Nope sorry i don't know anyone BUT here is a maybe solution for you.

If you don't have a truck rent a Uhaul

If you don't have a heavy duty dolly with straps you can rent one of those too.

Wrap it in something so it doesn't get scratched while moveing.

Be sure that you can get it into the place you are putting it and that the floor will suppor the 3000+ pound load.

Phone some friends to help.

Well that is all that i can think of but otherwise i've never done it so i likened it to moveing my Fridge into my basement.

Good luck

L

Wow now that's a tank. I was going to suggest maybe looking on kijiji to see what type of moving companies there are. Maybe opt for the insurance if they offer it, last thing you need is buddy #4 slipping then the whole thing drops.

Cant wait to see that monster setup

Years ago when I moved my 300G the only movers that would take it were piano movers. No other moving company would touch it. Take it from me if you have to man handle it yourself you are looking at 6 men with good suction cups (and definitely not the ones you use for windshield replacement I mean the really good ones) or 4 weight lifters. This tank will likely hit the old toledos at 600 lbs. empty at a minimum.

Another thing I learned the hard way - always take all your measurements before the tank arrives. LOL Sure makes it a whole lot easier when you know it's going to fit.

Hello All,

I am getting a new tank from a friend and I need to know if anyone knows a moving company/ANYBODY :unsure: that moves large aquariums?

I live in the Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) region.

The tank dimensions are 8' in length, by 32" high by 32" deep.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I envy you one one hand for getting a big tank like that, I dont envy the move ;) I just got a 210 gallon 3 weeks ago, so the move is still fresh in my head.....lots of good advice with dolly and suction cups - one thing that I did was make a cardboard "tank" cutout the same dimensions as my tank. y tank was 7 feet long x 2 x 2 (210 gallon)....so I made a 7'x 2' cardboard cutout, I used the cutout to see if the tank would fit down my stairs and around a corner on that stairs.....really really helpful, even used it show my "movers" (friends) the route and movements needed to get it down.

We should form a "movers" group on here :) I will be the supervisor....lol

If you manage to find a moving company to do it you can expect to pay in the neighborhood of $1000 give or take. I sold a similar sized tank a few years ago and that was the price the buyer paid for a 3 man crew. That price was also uninsured meaning if it breaks, to bad. If they wanted insurance it was another $800 or so.

i checked on moving a 250g tank awhile ago and the only moving company that would even think about moving it was highland. the lady that i spoke with said 1000.00 just to get them out there and even more money for insurance. i tried dorcys piano movers as well and they said that they didnt have the manpower.

i hope this helps.

If you are an ACE member then you can Borrow their heavy duty suction cups so there is a possible solution for that issue.

Good luck

L :beer: