Site Cleanup

Just curious if we could maybe have a site clean up or someone to catch up on things. Example. Buy and Sell Section has alot of stuff over 30 days in it, and alot of stuff is sold, yet not archived. I can do it if you would like considering i have no life and just game usually. lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly agree as a new member I started reading stuff then looked at the date...the people in the conversations may/may not even be on the site anymore. Lots and lots of the older photos posted aren't working? Also yeah buy & sell could use a clean up I was looking through things from 2008.

Information parts of the forum never need cleaned but some sections could use some TLC. blush.gif

ps: so far love this forum all the information I ever needed in one place, with people willing to help with just about anything

Some mods have resigned, but those of us who are still around are doing our best. We are currently discussing some of the ideas here.

I dont mean to stir any pots here by the way, it was just a suggestion as i was cruising the the buy and sell forums looking for new stuff to get. I dont post alot, but would love to be a mod and help out around here. Damn hobbies lol

The B&S sections automatically purge every night anything older than 60 days since the last post. The script is working fine, and requires no manual intervention.

As for additional staffing requirements... why not. Send me a PM with a 'resume' or at least a little blurb on why you'd be a good candidate, and we'll announce the promotions in a short while. I'll probably make a bit of a more official post in the Site Announcements forum but yeah - consider the position open.

I guess if you wanted to recommend or nominate someone you'd think would do a fine job as well, send me a note about that, too.

We have added one additional moderator for the time being. Dunl's return to the forum was very fortunate for us, as he is one of the 'original' members and served as a mod here as a mod previously.

We are still considering more additions to the team and have had a few applications submitted. We'll likely have a decision by the end of December both to allow any other members to submit, and to give us time to discuss. Mod staff can make and break a forum so this can be a very sensitive choice, and we're trying to look at it from as many angles as possible.

• 8 months later...

I'm not trying to start anything with you or point fingers at anyone. I'm under the impression that this site is waning in user activity and staff particapation. Maybe it's time to change the way things are done; to seek new and fresh ideas and treat this site as a business. Are there any growth and improvement goals for this site?