Doing Some Work In The Fish Room

jeremoose

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the moss is probably spike moss, but it may be Christmas - you'll find out when it grows a bit, as Christmas moss tends to be shaped like a Christmas tree as it spreads.

I'm pretty sure the moss is probably spike moss, but it may be Christmas - you'll find out when it grows a bit, as Christmas moss tends to be shaped like a Christmas tree as it spreads.

Ahhhh alright, I'm trying to decide what I want to anchor it to at the moment, currently it's just swirling around the tank with a couple of shrimp along for the ride.

So I introduced the beta into the 10g here a few minutes ago and he instantly started going after the shrimp (didn't take him long to snag a small one). Do you all think he'll eat them all or will they be able to out-breed his eating?

I'd have 2 say the extra stress from the shrimp always having to look over their little shoulder would have a negative effect on the shrimp population. IMO, it isn't worth to keep them together if you want to keep shrimp. After the all shrimp cousins saw 'Little Mikey' shrimp getting devoured...I bet they all turned a little more pale!

I'd have 2 say the extra stress from the shrimp always having to look over their little shoulder would have a negative effect on the shrimp population. IMO, it isn't worth to keep them together if you want to keep shrimp. After the all shrimp cousins saw 'Little Mikey' shrimp getting devoured...I bet they all turned a little more pale!

Lol! You might be right, I'll have to do up another tank just for the Beta.

• 2 weeks later...

how is your red bacopa doing? just curious if you have enough light and nutrients to keep it red.

I'll update ASAP, looks pretty good.

EDIT: I'm in between algae scrapings right now so it won't look show-quality exactly :P

Edited by jeremoose