Anyone home from the Auction yet?

rjsomers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of plants and a decent amount of african cichlids. There were some rare live-bearers here as well.

I picked up:

2 Skiffia lermia -saw-toothed goodeid

Xiphophorus maynae - wildtype swordtail

Girardinus falcatus

Red wigglers

Pleco caves

I snagged a few plants - one bag I wasn't really paying attention and when I got home and saw what I'd bought, I ended up throwing them into the shrimp tank. I also picked 3 young Lemon-Lime cichlids. Looking forward to seeing these grow!

Whew...am I tired! LOL

Just got home from Edmonton and came home with 6 F1 Hero Rotkeil (Orange necktie Severum) which I practically stole, about 5lbs of bio balls (LOL) and 3 packages of 'fish crack'. The buy of the day though were some amazing Ventralis (Thanks searay!) They're my my new fav. fish!

It was definately a sellers auction (IMO)...lots of lots, lots of plants, lots of tanks. Plecos went for CRAZY money...glad someone made a lot of dough...and i'm pretty sure the club is going to be happy with the end result!

What did we miss??

What did you get??

What do you wish you got??

I think ACE did a great job of the auction, and I liked the awards. Only possible negative is they don't have more space for auction table viewing.

There seemed to be a good selection, items seemed to have decent prices, but it was very crowded and I think I had a different expectation of manners and edicate than more then a few others. I had a lot of negative interactions, minor things that seemed to occure more than usual, but that could have been magnified by the small space and large turnout.

I am so sleepy I can hardly see .....I had the best time I have had in years ..... SOoooo many great people in one room is "Amazing" .... I met more nice people in one day then I have in the last year. I was like a kid in DisneyLand .... soooo much to see in every direction. The Ace people were sooo funny ...I laughed till my face hurt. I loved that "Awards" were given.... Lots of beautifull plants and fish that I had never seen before, what a treat.I want to say a big "Thank-you" to all the Ace members and the very Talented people that brought all there plants and fish and fish goodies for us to buy and drool over. I Met sooo many AA Members today, our group was well represented and the best of everything offered..... of course...... came from AA Members {I am not not biase "much" }. ....Linda....

What did we miss??

What did you get??

What do you wish you got??

I was so tired by the time I got home. The auction ran pretty late(after 5pm) and there was tons of items. Next time we could also use a few more people to volunteer as runners. I had a great time though. I met a few new faces and a bunch more who I never actually got their names. I think we might need to start wearing name tags :P

I didn't buy too much this time around. Just a pair of Kribs and a bag(3) assassin snails. Also picked up a light(Thanks Brad) and some more Kribs(Thanks to Tom's friend, sorry can't remember her name) before the auction.

I had a lot of fun and actually left with more money then what I came with :thumbs:

Spent too much on a giant female betta but less than I'd pay if I brought her from overseas. At this price, she'd betta breed!!! Bought too many plants at Big Al's the day before. As always had a great time and it was awesome to put faces to names. Thanks Edmonton for putting up with us!!! And I only made one wrong turn and didn't get lost once :thumbs:

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Fishclubgirl - I bought a few plants at Big Al's too. I now hav ethe 30g running or they would be living in the bathtub. It was a great price though

well i'm finally back on the internet and ready to make my report.

I got.....

TOOO MUCH

Plants

Frontosa

Psudotropheus ladomething or other(4bags maybe 50 fish or more)

LF AB BN pleccos 4 for a steal of less than thirty bucks

Pink Aquarium styrofoam homemade backgrounds $1 total

Critter Crumbs

MONEY at the END YAAAAYYY

BROKEN FISHBOWL for $1 ^_^

Ummm Silver and Black aquarium background thignies I'm going to use to line a light fixture.

Met some nice people and put a few more names to faces

Thank you Lady Blue for your gift of a small piece of Java Moss

Thank you Val for helping with the auction as a runner

Thank you to the person that helped me clean up my tank(still couldn't find a dust pan at the end of the day)

My hands are sore from the angle i'm typeing at to get the internet connection so there are many more to thank so thank you everyone.

And i'm thinking about being a runner at the next one but i'm still a little scared i'll miss something.

Thanks and have a wonderful week everyone

L

and thanks to Crystal for the snail/plant trade. lets hope i keep these alive as good as the plants in my tank! lol.

If it dies, I have more. ;) Loved the snails, some were nice reds too.

I didn't get much, bidding often went higher than I wanted to pay. I got some nice plants, some red rams, and a bag of the Lemon-lime cichlids.

I loved the "red spot angels" - gorgeous! but the bidding went over my budget. PS. Does anybody know a more common (or scientific) name for these particular angels? Or who has them? I googled "red spot angel" and only found diseases... :tongue:

I would like to give thanks to the wonderful Auctioneers who kept everything moving smoothly, who were informative, and very entertaining! Without them, the auction wouldn't be the same.

Cheers! :thumbs:

Can't wait until the Fall auction!

And a big thanks to ACE for putting on the auction. For those of you thinking of volunteering,"running" is an excellent way to see all the merchandise. I've done it for years in Calgary and made some great buys. Sorry that I don't volunteer at the edmonton auction as it's my chance to relax. Probably missed out on something good too!!!!