How do you get banned from this site?

I just noticed that Freshmike B-day is today but when i clicked on his name it tells me that he is banned from a few sites as well.

I know this is a family site and there are rules that apply...

just wondering what would get you banned here... and if you are ever aloud back?

mod can move this post to a different topic if needed.

nev

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very bad behaviour, especially the sort contrary to the interests and well-being of the site will do it....various abuses of one's priveledges as a site member will also do it....and, unfortunately, some people just seem to be unable to consistently play well with others.

I suppose that's why this guy was created --> :cuss: And him --> :banned:

Some people just make you want to :boom:

Better yet, what are some things that people have been banned for? I mean specifics too, not just "he wasn't following forum rules."

Word is that Rahim got banned over something really silly. Rahim is a great guy, I don't understand how this could have happened.

nevchewy, people have gotten warnings for things because they are "not what people want to hear". So basically, you are left with a choice to be a priss (this is quite true, as discussed with an important of an AA member who shall remain anonymous) and say things that people want to hear or ought to hear, or face warnings.

I think some members are too wound up and need to relax a bit, although I understand there is high moral fibre within the AA community.

Well Rahim is not as nice as you might think.

Just ask some of the people he has had dealings with. *tc51*

So that is one reason.

Number two is that he was warnned about his posts here, and as a former Mod he knew all of them.*or should have* But he chose too be a pain in the butt, and purposely tried to find loop-holes.

That may for his mommy, but not here.

Breaking the rules is one thing, but to intentionaly disrupt the forum is another. :angry:

End of story. :)

Well, I am not going to comment on whether or not Rahim should have been banned; I have no idea of the details. I don't know him, or delt with him, but I will say this about him.

Prior to the Fall auction in Calgary, I had posted on a thread that I would be willing to help out if needed. Rahim did not.

However, I got sidetracked and never offered to help once I got there. Rahim busted his @$$ all day long-never posting publically that he would, as well as some other members here. It has been bugging me for some time, and just wanted to give a little credit where it was due.

Should the day come that I get banned, I would like to think no one on here or anywhere else would make fun of things like caves, yeah, I was in on that too-sorry!

Just my two cents

I bugged Rahim face to face about the cave and he was completely aware that we just teasing him about his choice of aquarium accessories. I don't feel bad, and Rob, I don't think you should either. Rahim, as all of us, should be judged by the poobahs for our conduct on this site, and our ONLINE interactions with other AA members. I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe he engaged in unacceptable behaviour on this forum but I don't think that anyone is saying that he is not a good guy anywhere else. :)

I say who cares WHY someone got banned. Obviously they didnt follow rules, and I'm sure they were warned before being banned.

If someone takes offence to a joke about them or the stuff they stuck in a tank or want to sell, maybe they should PM that user and ask to stop or even ask an admin to tell them to stop. Either way if someone is banned then...well...see ya.

Some people are great in real life but jerks online and vise-versa.

Take HOSStile for example, hilarious online but did you all know that he cries himself to sleep every night??

J/K Hoss, Had to do it!!!

Take HOSStile for example, hilarious online but did you all know that he cries himself to sleep every night??

cry's him self to sleep... I heard that he wet's the bed?

jj

i wonder if i will get my first warning for this... :wacko:

Thanks for everyone that responded... it's clear as mud now!

nev

Edited by nevchewy

I think there was a lot on rahim, he wasn't making friends by spamming the heck out of other clubs/forums buy&sell's with "you should post that on alberta aquatica".

As for others... All I can say is I enjoyed the privledge of banning ryans @$$. Better suck up to J-Roc since he's trolling the forums again, should get myself ready for another go-round :lol:

Andy